Tuesday, April 12, 2011

READING, WATCHING, DOING

A short post to dip my feet back into the internet pool. Here's what I am reading, watching and doing.

READING
And Here's the Kicker by Mike Sacks. Mike Sacks interviews many, many funny people who discuss their process, breaking in, et. al. Well worth it. The interviews range from TV writers to film directors to even an interview with a 94 year old screenwriter who was the sole scribe for two Marx Brother pics.


WATCHING
I watched The Source Code over the weekend. I remember liking the script a little more than I enjoyed the film and wasn't sure if it was because there was nothing surprising in the story for me. But then again, I can watch Tootsie over and over again and still laugh.

The Source Code very much was a sci-fi take on Groundhog Day. So what other comedy classics can be mined and turned into sci-fi blockbusters?

The Hangover - astronauts wake up on a moon base and discover one of their own is missing. Maybe. A little Apollo 18.

DOING
Editing the galleys for Writing the Comedy Blockbuster.






No comments:

Post a Comment